Three-year Russian visa details

Don Livingston temp0001 at SHININGHAPPYPEOPLE.NET
Sat Jun 1 15:24:38 UTC 2013

An American acquaintance of mine has received a three-year business visa to Russia.  When I looked it over, I noticed that no invitation number was indicated, and where you would expect the name of the inviting organization, there was simply a hyphen.  All single-entry visas I've seen in recent years have indicated both.  He tells me this is standard for three-year business visas.  Still, I'm a bit concerned for him.  Has anyone else out there received a three-year business visa?  Did they include/not include those items?  I imagine private/home and tourist visas may be different, so in replying please specify what type of three-year visa was examined.