Looking for stories from a teen / child point of view about exile and/or famine

Slavic Department slavic at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Tue Jun 18 14:40:12 UTC 2013

Dear Slavists,

I'm trying to help my son research moral themes discussed in The Hunger Games and I'm looking for books, stories, movies, or documentaries about the experiences of families in forced labor / exile in the Soviet Union and during man-made famines. I would prefer to give him narratives from a teen's or a child's point of view (similar to Breaking Stalin's Nose), but he might be able to get through a general historical overview as well. I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Jolanta Davis