Thank You! - Closing Topic "Experienced Proofreader"

birgitte pristed birgittepristed at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 18 14:23:53 UTC 2013

Thank you all for the overwhelming number of recommendations and positive responses!
I will close my open inquiry here and return as soon as possible to those who have replied by now.
Best regards,
Birgitte Pristed

Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 21:35:06 +0200
From: birgittepristed at HOTMAIL.COM
Subject: [SEELANGS] Experienced American Proofreader with Knowledge of Russian?
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU

Lost in the
jungle of internet advertisements, I would like to ask if any of you list
members could recommend a reliable and competent American English native speaking
proof-reader with a good knowledge of Russian (2. language)? As a
non-native speaker, I am looking for someone who can assist me with the final correction
of my Ph.D. dissertation.

The text is
app. 275 pages à 500 words and should be reworked into idiomatic and academic
correct American English. This would include proof-reading of grammar and vocabulary
mistakes, copyediting of stylistic errors, and correction of all translations
of Russian citations and source titles into English. Quotes may
be based on a short text sample and further details.

Please,
respond directly to my email address: birgittepristed at hotmail.com

Thank you,

Birgitte Pristed

Ph.D. student at the University of Mainz, Germany