CFP: UC Undergraduate Journal of Slavic and East/Central European Studies, vol. 7

Furman, Yelena yfurman at HUMNET.UCLA.EDU
Tue Jun 25 20:34:48 UTC 2013

Dear SEELANGS members,
For those of us teaching undergraduates, please bring this to their attention.  It is a unique opportunity to have their research published.  And please feel free to email me with any questions.
Thank you in advance.
Yelena Furman

Once again, it is time for the Call for Papers for the seventh volume of the UC Undergraduate Journal of Slavic and East/Central European Studies.

Your papers should have a well-formulated and well-developed thesis, with plenty of textual evidence to back it up. When citing, please give quotes both in the original Cyrillic (or appropriate Slavic language) and in English translation. The papers should be a maximum of 25 double-spaced pages and need to include footnotes and a bibliography (the page limit is inclusive of the bibliography/footnotes). For the bibliography, please use the Chicago Manual of Style format. (You can find a hard copy of CMS in your library, and it¹s also available online).

All papers will be subject to peer review. The deadline to submit is October 1, 2013.  While the papers will be due in a few months, right now we need a preliminary headcount.  If you are planning to submit your paper, please email me with your name, preferred email, the title of your paper, and the name and email of your advisor: yfurman at humnet.ucla.edu

And in case you haven¹t seen it yet, please take a look at volume
six of the Journal, which is now up:
http://www.international.ucla.edu/languages/slavicjournal/

All best, Prof. Furman