Call for Submissions to Asymptote Journal

Cassio de Oliveira cassio.de.oliveira at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 17 23:21:38 UTC 2013

I'm posting this on behalf of a friend. Please contact the editors directly
(their address is listed in the Guidelines) with submissions or questions.

Call for submissions:

Asymptote (http://www.asymptotejournal.com/), an international journal of
literature in translation, is currently looking for exciting work for our
upcoming July 2013 issue (submissions deadline June 15). We publish poetry,
fiction, nonfiction, criticism, visual art, and drama, and would
particularly welcome submissions on the nonfiction and criticism fronts, as
well as essays introducing unfamiliar but relevant authors who work outside
of English to an English speaking audience. In addition, we're looking for
submissions for a special drama feature on self-translation, ex-patriation,
and the theatre. All guidelines can be found here: http://
www.asymptotejournal.com/submit.php.

Our goal as a journal is to create encounters between different voices and
to bring exciting literature from all over the globe for free to a wide
audience. Whenever possible, we try to publish translators' notes and MP3s
of the author or someone else reading his/her work in the original. Thank
you for considering our journal as a landing place for your work. We look
forward to carefully considering whatever you send our way.