Aeroflot has become customer-oriented?

Josh Wilson jwilson at SRAS.ORG
Sun Nov 3 10:43:09 UTC 2013

Why probably? It's very easy to find pricing for airline tickets online.

Taking a random roundtrip from Moscow to Berlin at the end of this month
shows that Air Ukraine will be your best low-cost option, undercutting
Aeroflot by as much as $100. However, it also has 2-5x the travel time with
a long layover in Kiev (at least wifi is free there). Flying direct would be
2-3 hours, flying non direct is 5-15.

Comparing Aeroflot against other European carriers (like Air Berlin,
Lufthansa, Austrian airlines), Aeroflot is generally the lower cost option
for that particular trip. When I fly to the US, I've usually gone with Delta
or Aeroflot (which are both Skyteam anyway) - so they are generally
competitive on the NY route at least as well.

I would guess that each traveler would need to look at individual travel
plans individually, but generally Aeroflot is competitive for most flights
in and out of Russia, I've found.