Aeroflot has become more customer oriented?

Mon Nov 4 01:56:41 UTC 2013

J Doc: Russian tumble wrote:

> Reading this New York Times article inspired me to write a post to
> my blog to discuss my own experiences with Aeroflot, and especially
> to give my thoughts about the implications of training Russians (or
> anyone else) to smile, be engaging, and kneel down to customers for,
> essentially, money. Please feel free to visit my site, read,
> comment, and share your own Aeroflot adventures as you wish--
> <http://russiantumble.com/>

The kneeling bit really shocked me; I've never seen that anywhere. I
have often seen American flight attendants bend over or squat (attire
permitting), but kneeling would seem so obsequious and humiliating that
I'd be put off. Is that really what they do on Asian airlines?

As for being courteous to customers, we have a long history of that in
the West, and any Russian company that hopes to turn a profit had better
learn it right quick (some have, I see). After all, profit is their
raison d'ĂȘtre, and doing it without repeat customers is a huge handicap.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com