Poruchik Belkin's Stories

Sentinel76 Astrakhan thysentinel at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 4 16:57:41 UTC 2013

Both "Метель" and "Б-К" are based on mistaken identities.  Can you use the "Date Night" (Steve Carell and Tina Fey are mistaken for spies)?  I'm sure there are others.

Vadim

Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 11:41:17 -0500
From: pscotto at MTHOLYOKE.EDU
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] in the city of N
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU

Common cultural references are getting harder and harder to come by, especially for the older Slavist.

I can still use Seinfeld and the Simpsons but that is clearly wearing thin. Thirty Rock? Harry Potter has limited application.

Can anyone suggest a Romantic Comedy a class of undergraduates will sure fire recognize? I need one for "Метель" and "Барышня-Крестьянка."

Peter Scotto

                        http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs