Pride and Prejudice opening sentence in Russian

Liv Bliss bliss.mst at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 12 16:10:14 UTC 2013

Absolutely agree, Paul -- Marshak's change of emphasis struck me hard too. The point is that other people *think* the well-to-do young man should be married and settled (for several good reasons -- at best, resulting in a win-win); he is less likely to be aware of that and to be devoutly wishing such a conclusion. Now, ask me to produce something better and you'll find me cowering under my desk.

Best to all
Liv

Liv Bliss
ATA-Certified Russian to English Translator
tel.: (928) 367 1615

We have to protect the forest to keep the unicorns alive
Timothy Westbrook: Project Runway, Season 12