Fwd: Internship Announcement

Lisa Yountchi lisayountchi2011 at U.NORTHWESTERN.EDU
Tue Sep 17 19:38:35 UTC 2013

Dear Colleagues,

I am posting this internship announcement below on behalf of Robin Hessman
(director of My Perestroika).  Please feel free to forward to current,
former students, etc. If you know of any undergraduate students in the NYC
area interested, please make sure they reply not to me but to the email
address indicated in the posting: info at myperestroika.com

Sincerely,

Lisa Yountchi

Internship Opportunity in NYC

Red Square Productions is currently seeking an intern to be part of the
Educational Outreach Team for our award-winning documentary film, My
Perestroika.

My Perestroika follows five ordinary Russians living in extraordinary times
– from their sheltered Soviet childhood, to the collapse of the Soviet
Union during their teenage years, to the constantly shifting political
landscape of post-Soviet Russia. Together, these childhood classmates paint
a complex picture of the dreams and disillusionment of those raised behind
the Iron Curtain.

The film had its world Premiere at the Sundance Film Festival and went on
to many international festivals. It was released in cinemas in over 70
cities in the US and Canada. My Perestroika aired nationwide on PBS in
2011, received a Peabody Award in 2012, and is a New York Times Critics'
Pick.

We need a responsible and self-motivated individual to assist in
distribution and outreach work. The internship is unpaid, however
traditionally interns who are currently enrolled undergraduates have been
able to receive course credit for their time. The internship will offer a
behind-the-scenes look at the independent film distribution market, and
cultural outreach. A minimum commitment of 10 hours/week is required
(usually 2 days/week) and a commitment of at least 3 months, though a
commitment of 6 months would be ideal. Candidate should have his/her own
laptop. We are looking for someone who can start immediately.

To apply, please send an email (with resume attached) to
info at myperestroika.com

Responsibilities will include:
+ Working with the Educational Outreach Coordinator and Director/Producer
of the film in promoting the film to educational and cultural organizations
and institutions
+ Maintaining and managing all databases of outreach, sales, and film
festivals
+ Assisting in preparing for film screenings and events
+ Working with Word Press, Mail Chimp, and Drop Box

Skills:
+ Candidate should be able to clearly and effectively follow directions
+ She/ he must be extremely responsible and detail oriented
+ The ideal candidate is a highly motivated team player, able to work
independently and collaboratively
+ Comfortable working in Mac environments
+ Background and/or interest in Russian history, culture, and language
and/or Film & Media Studies a plus, though not required