SEELANGS Administrivia - The SEELANGS Website

Alex Rudd alex.rudd at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 17 23:01:54 UTC 2013

Dear SEELANGS Members,

I have maintained a SEELANGS website since 1999, using the free web
hosting service of my Internet Service Provider, Comcast.  In fact,
Comcast did away with that service several years ago, but allowed
existing pages to remain, albeit unsupported.  That situation has
finally become untenable, as I've apparently been left with no
mechanism by which to edit the site, or even delete it.

Consequently, I've just finished setting up a new SEELANGS website.
Every subscriber should visit it at least once, because I've put an
important announcement on the home page.

This new site isn't all that different from the old one, but you will
notice one big change.  I used a service called Wix to build the site,
and Wix is hosting the site for free.  There's no such thing as a free
lunch, of course, so the change you will see is the presence of a
couple of clickable Wix advertisements on the pages of the SEELANGS
website.  Fortunately, they are not so obtrusive and I thank you in
advance for your tolerance of them.

The new SEELANGS website can be found at the following URL:

http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs

That URL will henceforth appear at the bottom of every post to the
list, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding it, even if you don't
bookmark it.

In (re)building the SEELANGS website, I was able to include the
Welcome message again, which had been absent from the old site for a
few years.  (I'll go back and do a better job of formatting it for the
web when I get a chance.)

Please note: Until I can figure out how to get rid of the old SEELANGS
website, it will still be there.  Just steer clear of it, and you
won't get confused.

Any questions, please let me know (off-list).

Thanks.

- Alex, list owner of SEELANGS
--
Alex Rudd
List owner e-mail: seelangs-request at listserv.ua.edu
Personal e-mail: Alex.Rudd at gmail.com
http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs
Any opinion expressed above is not necessarily shared by my employers.