John McCain in Pravda.ru

George Kalbouss kalbouss at MAC.COM
Fri Sep 20 15:00:55 UTC 2013

A question has arisen from my colleagues in Political Science regarding John McCain's recent
letter published in Pravda.ru excoriating Vladimir Putin.    This is  not Pravda, as I gather, the
Communist Party publication, but an internet publication bearing almost
the same name.

The question, simply, is, "do Russians read Pravda.ru?" -- in other words, did McCain reach
any Russians buy publishing it there?    If you were to advise McCain, where
would you recommend his letter be published so that the majority of Russian citizens could
see it (assuming, of course, it would be published)?

Thanks,

George Kalbouss
The Ohio State University