John McCain in Pravda.ru

Benjamin Rifkin rifkin at TCNJ.EDU
Fri Sep 20 15:09:46 UTC 2013

Dear SEELANGers:

Matt Taibbi, a journalist at Rolling Stone who lived in Moscow for a number of years, was interviewed last night on MSNBC on this very topic.  Here's the clip:

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/all-in-/53057191#53057191

In short, Pravda ain't what it used to be.  And it wasn't Pravda then either, so to speak.  (Of course.)

I remember the old joke about the guy who goes up to the kiosk, Soviet era, to buy a newspaper:

– Есть «Правда»?
– «Правды» нет.
– А «Советская Россия»?
– Продана.