Russian for Heritage Speakers in Manhattan in June

Anna Geisherik anna.geisherik at STONYBROOK.EDU
Thu Apr 3 00:51:14 UTC 2014

Stony Brook University, Manhattan campus presents a summer course "Russian
for heritage speakers".
This is a rare opportunity for students from Russian-speaking families to
improve their reading and writing skills in Russian while earning 3 credits
and satisfying the university language requirement.
This course has been taught successfully for years at our Long Island
campus, but now for the first time we can offer it in the summer in
Manhattan.

The course is intended for students who are fluent in spoken Russian, but
can't read and write (or can write poorly). We start from the alphabet and
go over intensive grammar using the method especially developed for
heritage students. We will also watch Russian movies, read texts and
discuss the latest Russian news.

Please help spread the word. Thank you!

http://www.stonybrook.edu/sb/nyc/
Course number: RUS 213
http://sb.cc.stonybrook.edu/summer/# (click "Russian")
Dates: May 27 - June 3
Schedule: Tuesdays and Thursdays 6-9:25 pm
Email: anna.geisherik at stonybrook.edu

Anna Geisherik

Lecturer, Department of European Languages, Literatures and Cultures

Stony Brook University

                        http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs