ORCiD in Russian

Greenberg, Marc L. mlg at KU.EDU
Wed Apr 16 10:27:53 UTC 2014

Dear Colleagues,
The ORCiD<http://orcid.org/> organization, for which I volunteer, has asked me to help vet the beta version of the Russian localization of their website. ORCiD provides a free and permanently curated digital identifier to researchers to differentiate work among authors with the same or similar names (Jakobson's Ivan Ivanovich dilemma writ large). If there are native speakers of Russian who have an interest in open-access, digital publication, and article-level metrics issues, may I ask you to contact me to assist? It would require about a half-hour of your time to look over several short web pages of Russian-language pages to judge whether they makes sense in Russian and to offer alternative solutions in the event that they do not. At first blush the translations look reasonably good, though I think there are some awkward solutions to what I think of as specifically American advertising language, which would be beyond my non-native competence in Russian to correct.
With thanks in advance,
Marc

Marc L. Greenberg<http://www2.ku.edu/~slavic/people/greenberg.shtml> |  http://orcid.org/0000-0001-8419-8779
Professor of Slavic Languages & Literatures<http://slavic.ku.edu/>
Mailing address:
Chair, Department of Germanic Languages & Literatures<http://germanic.ku.edu/>
University of Kansas
1445 Jayhawk Blvd.
Lawrence, KS 66045-7594, USA
German Dept. phone: (785) 864-4803; direct (785) 864-9171

                        http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs