doklady?

Jules Levin ameliede at EARTHLINK.NET
Mon Feb 17 01:08:05 UTC 2014

Another question from another list.
There is a pre-revolutionary business directory ad for a hat store
advertizing men's hats, women's hats, and shapochnye doklady.
Someone suggested "accessories" here.
My guess was some service like "blocking"; men's felt hats  had to be
cleaned and blocked from time to time.   (Women of course would just get
a new hat)
I found support for neither interpretation in my trusty Ozhegov.
Jules Levin
Los Angeles

                        http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs