E for Effort?

John Dunn John.Dunn at GLASGOW.AC.UK
Tue Feb 25 16:28:27 UTC 2014

Those who would like to hear the Mayor of London attempt to speak Russian can do so at the following site:

http://www.newsru.com/russia/25feb2014/pancakeweek.html

I fear that in a competition between the appropriately named Boris Johnson speaking Russian and Vitalii Mutko or Vladimir Putin speaking English, the Russians would win by a comfortable margin.  And even when speaking English the Mayor might like to give a little more thought to his choice of metaphors.  I know that temperatures in Sochi were unusually high, but it would be worrying if athletes were really going to arrive hotfoot from the Winter Olympics.

John Dunn.