Looking for a copy of a 1970s film from Czechoslovakia

Rachel Leah Applebaum rapple at UCHICAGO.EDU
Thu Feb 27 09:37:57 UTC 2014

Dear Colleagues,
I am writing to see whether anyone can help me to locate a copy of the film Píseň o stromu a růži, directed by Ladislav Rychman (1978) (in Russian, Баллада о дереве и розе). To my knowledge, the film ins't available on DVD--however I believe it has been shown on TV in the Czech Republic (and possibly Russia as well--it stars the Soviet actor Vyacheslav Tikhonov) in recent years. If anyone has a copy or knows a reputable way of viewing the film online, please let me know. Please respond off the list to: Rachel.Applebaum at eui.eu<mailto:Rachel.Applebaum at eui.eu>

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Rachel Applebaum
Max Weber Postdoctoral Fellow