CFP Roundtable: Internationalization of the Community College Curriculum

Seckler, Dawn A DAS200 at PITT.EDU
Mon Jan 6 14:07:27 UTC 2014

Dear All,

I'm reaching out to you on behalf of a group of Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies centers at research universities (see partial list below), which is seeking to intensify collaboration with community colleges on internationalizing curricula and expanding international studies opportunities for community college faculty and students. Our centers are cooperating on this initiative with ASEEES. Educational outreach programs with community colleges are an important component of several of our centers' missions as U.S. Department of Education-sponsored Title VI National Resource Centers (NRC).

As part of these efforts, I am seeking to organize a roundtable to take place at the 2014 ASEEES conference in San Antonio, Texas.  The goal of this roundtable would be for the NRCs to learn from our colleagues teaching at community colleges.  We seek to enter into an engaged conversation to better learn what is already done-in terms of curriculum, study abroad, and degrees to educate students on our regions-as well as how NRC schools might help provide resources to support curriculum and/or professional development to further academic opportunities featuring our region.

We are seeking 2 or 3 additional panelists.  It is the goal of the NRCs to fund travel to and from San Antonio, conference hotel, membership fees, and a per diem for roundtable participants.

If you are interested, please respond directly to me at Das200 at pitt.edu<mailto:Das200 at pitt.edu> and provide some indication on precisely what you'd like to speak.

Sincerely,
Dawn Seckler

The universities presently involved in this effort include the following: Arizona State University, Columbia University, Georgetown University, Harvard University, Indiana University, Ohio State University, Stanford University, University of California-Berkeley, University of Chicago, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University of Kansas, University of Michigan, University of Pittsburgh, University of Washington, and University of Wisconsin-Madison. Additional institutions may join in the near future as well.

Dawn Seckler, PhD
Program Manager
Center for Russian and East European Studies
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Das200 at pitt.edu<mailto:Das200 at pitt.edu>

                        http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs