ASEEES 2014 roundtable "Russian Language for Jobs"

Six, Irina Anatolyevna irinasix at KU.EDU
Fri Jan 10 18:48:08 UTC 2014

Dear colleagues,

 We are seeking an  additional discussant for a Roundtable:  Russian Language for Jobs: Teaching strategies and future perspectives on market-relevant Russian language skills.

We will be discussing the classes addressing the practical application of Russian language skills in post-Soviet environments.

What are the the perspectives for employment of students with Russian language skills inside and outside the US?
What level of fluency is necessary to participate successfully in the global workplace?
What classes do we need to develop or upgrade  so we are able to address the current employment challengers?
How to market Russian for Jobs classes to our students?
Is there any need for Russian language skills in post-Soviet countries?

We are looking for participants or discussants interested in these and other related questions.  If you are teaching classes

Russian for Specific Purposes,
Business Russian,
Russian for the Professions

or similar classes addressing Russian for Special Purposes, you are welcome to join us as discussant or participant. We will be discussing  curriculum development, study materials, class format, traditional and on-line teaching resources, teaching strategies for students with low-intermediate language skills.

If you are interested, please respond directly to Irina Six at irinasix at ku.edu<mailto:irinasix at ku.edu>  Please, provide some indication on precisely what you’d like to speak

Thank you,

Irina Six

Dr. Irina Six,