ASEEES 2014: roundtable on film music/sound

Peter Kupfer pkupfer at SMU.EDU
Sun Jan 12 19:50:17 UTC 2014

Call for Roundtable Participants

Title: "Conceptualizing Sound/Music in Soviet and post-Soviet Cinema"

We seek a chair and up to three participants for a roundtable on
questions of sound and/or music in Soviet and post-Soviet cinema.  We
construe this idea widely, topics can include close readings of
individual films/sequences, sweeping historical overviews, or focus on
methodologies and perhaps even on conflicting interpretations of
sound/music in particular films/sequences.  We are interested foremost
in fostering a lively discussion on what may (or may not) be unique to
Soviet and post-Soviet cinema when it comes to questions of sound/music.

If you are interested, please send a short description of your potential
contribution directly to pkupfer at smu.edu and ann28 at pitt.edu.

Best,
Peter Kupfer
Anna Nisnevich