ASEEES 2014: roundtable on film music/sound

Elena Gapova e.gapova at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jan 12 20:32:43 UTC 2014

Peter,
do you mind if I re-post this message on the Facebook page for The
Bridge-MOCT <http://thebridge-moct.org/>:
https://www.facebook.com/TheBridgeMoct

It will reach a bigger audience in the region, and some of these people
might, actually, go to San Antonio.

Elena Gapova

P.S. If anyone is interested in posting a similar plea on that page,
please, contact us at journalmoct at gmail.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Peter Kupfer <pkupfer at smu.edu>
Date: 2014/1/12
Subject: [SEELANGS] ASEEES 2014: roundtable on film music/sound
To: SEELANGS at listserv.ua.edu

Call for Roundtable Participants

Title: "Conceptualizing Sound/Music in Soviet and post-Soviet Cinema"

We seek a chair and up to three participants for a roundtable on questions
of sound and/or music in Soviet and post-Soviet cinema.  We construe this
idea widely, topics can include close readings of individual
films/sequences, sweeping historical overviews, or focus on methodologies
and perhaps even on conflicting interpretations of sound/music in
particular films/sequences.  We are interested foremost in fostering a
lively discussion on what may (or may not) be unique to Soviet and
post-Soviet cinema when it comes to questions of sound/music.

If you are interested, please send a short description of your potential
contribution directly to pkupfer at smu.edu and ann28 at pitt.edu.

Best,
Peter Kupfer
Anna Nisnevich