our High School Russian program is in danger of being cut - need suggestions and ideas

Benjamin Rifkin rifkin at TCNJ.EDU
Tue Jan 14 19:33:24 UTC 2014

Dear Yuliya:

If your graduates go on to good or great colleges, you might want to talk about how the study of Russian shows up on a HS transcript as an impressive / rigorous / challenging course and that colleges like to see that in students' records.

If your students have gone on to study Russian at some of these other colleges, you can talk about how they were placed into 2nd or even 3rd year Russian as evidence of your success.

If any of your former students can write you testimonials of the impact of the study of Russian at high school on their college careers or beyond that would be helpful.

Parents of current or former students who could talk about the impact of the study of Russian on their kids would be helpful.

Good luck and best wishes,

Ben Rifkin
The College of New Jersey