our High School Russian program is in danger of being cut - need suggestions and ideas

Alina Israeli aisrael at AMERICAN.EDU
Tue Jan 14 23:35:13 UTC 2014

They panned (in part only) Larry Summers' statement that one does not
need to study foreign languages anymore (in this day and age).

The late Ann Richards said about Bush-41 that he was born with a
silver foot in his mouth. I am afraid that Summers is equally endowed.

But there were some good points there as well.

AI

On Jan 14, 2014, at 1:46 PM, Katz, Michael R. wrote:

> Dear Yuliya:
>
> I missed the show, but I know that On Point (on VPR) devoted an hour
> yesterday to the importance of foreign language education:"
>
> http://onpoint.wbur.org/2014/01/13/foreign-languages-chinese-economy

Alina Israeli
Associate Professor of Russian
WLC, American University