New Book on Vodka and Politics in Russia

Mark Schrad mark.schrad at VILLANOVA.EDU
Mon Jan 20 15:41:30 UTC 2014

Hello, Seelangtsy:

>From time to time I see folks posting information about their recent publications that may be of interest to the broader Russian studies community. So in that vein, I'd like to draw your attention to my new book with Oxford University Press called Vodka Politics: Alcohol, Autocracy and the Secret History of the Russian State, which was released last week.

http://global.oup.com/academic/product/vodka-politics-9780199755592

http://www.amazon.com/Vodka-Politics-Alcohol-Autocracy-History/dp/0199755590

I'd originally joined the seelangs list in order to answer some translation and transliteration questions I'd had while preparing the manuscript, and the responses that I received were extremely helpful. So thank you to those seelangers who'd helped contribute to this project.

Cheers,

-Mark

Mark Lawrence Schrad

Assistant Professor