anti-homosexual images in Russian print

Josh Wilson jwilson at SRAS.ORG
Wed Jan 22 08:27:16 UTC 2014

Just to add to this,

Caricatura.ru (the site supplied by Gasan) seems to be only a website - not
a newspaper or magazine.

You can see more information about the website's distribution here:
http://www.liveinternet.ru/stat/caricatura.ru/index.html?period=month

They average about 3000 visitors a month. For a website with as much content
as this one has, that is fairly pitiful. (Keep in mind that most website
visits are "bounces" - visitors that land on a site and leave fairly
quickly. Others are "spiders" - the bots by which search engines regularly
scour webpages in order to build their databases from which search results
are drawn. It looks like they do have quite a few visitors that do stop and
look extensively - the page view to visitor ratio here is quite high - but
if you are looking for how wide-spread the popularity of the site is, you
want to look at unique visitor numbers.

There are about 50-80 million internet users in Russia alone - not counting
the millions outside of Russia.

I'd also point out that their audience and page views are declining
significantly.

Just to put things in a bit of perspective.

Josh Wilson
Assistant Director
The School of Russian and Asian Studies
Editor in Chief
Vestnik, The Journal of Russian and Asian Studies
SRAS.org
jwilson at sras.org