anti-homosexual images in Russian print

Robert Orr colkitto at ROGERS.COM
Thu Jan 23 04:21:17 UTC 2014

Would a Polish example do?

The first gay pride parade in Poland was carried out with a lot of support
from German gays.  Wprost carried some commentary saying that at least this
time Germany was not backing up its "civilizing mission" with tanks,
aircraft etc., and they printed a picture of two SA men with rainbow
armbands saying that Ernst Rohm should be commemorated as a victim  of
homophobia.

I have seen the picture on line, but I can't find it at the moment.

From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf Of Gasan Gusejnov
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:07 AM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] anti-homosexual images in Russian print

enjoy <http://caricatura.ru/search/?s=%E3%E5%E8>

2014/1/22 Denis Kierans <formallyrussia at gmail.com>

Hello All!

As I am new to this please correct me if I am deviating too much from usual
format here. All advice is appreciated.

OK: Do you know of any "cultural" newspapers or satirical magazines that
(would likely) feature cartoons/caricatures of a Russian homosexual? My aim
here is to track down a clearly negative and critical visual portrayal of
the homosexual in contemporary Russia. I will be likening this image to the
oft-cited cartoons of "Zionists" or Jews in earlier Krokodil, linking the
two by way of anti-American sentiment and the continued deployment of the
language of difference.

Also, for the record, I am a Master's Student at University of Toronto.

Thank you all very much,

Denis

                        http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs
                        http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs