new book of Osip Mandelstam translations for free download

Ilya Bernstein ilbernstein at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jan 22 16:29:07 UTC 2014

To SEELANGS readers:

I'd like to let readers of the list know that I've uploaded my collection of translations of Mandelstam poems here:

http://books.google.com/books/about?id=hYigAgAAQBAJ

The book can be freely downloaded as a pdf. Please feel free to download, print, use with students, etc.

Of the poems, seven are from the 1920s, 17 from the Moscow Notebooks (1930-1934), and 29 from the Voronezh notebooks (1935-1937). A sample translation appears below.

Ilya Bernstein

***

Sample translation:

I am lost in the sky – what to do?