Translation of a few lines from Akhmatova

George Butchard georgebutchard at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jul 26 08:57:37 UTC 2014

Yes, the average standard of what my internet searches have thrown up
is why I was hoping someone would have a definitive translation to
hand.

I think I will use what is online and the reference Kevin gave me as a
basis for my own translation.

Many thanks for the pointer regarding "ode" - luckily I do not need
the title, so resolving that tricky question is for another day.

Best regards,

George