Famous and productive families in Russian and Czech histories (2)

Olia Prokopenko oprokop at TEMPLE.EDU
Thu Jun 12 02:24:42 UTC 2014

Offhand -
The Solovyovs: father Sergey (historian); sons Vladimir (philosopher) and
Vsevolod (writer); related to Grigoriy/Hryhorii Skovoroda (philosopher), on
their mother's side.
The Korvin-Krukovsky sisters: Sofia Kovalevskaya (mathematician), Anne
Jaclard (revolutionary and early feminist)
The Rimsky-Korsakov brothers: Voin (explorer), Nikolai (composer);
Maximilian Steinberg (composer) was married to  Nikolai's daughter.
I believe somebody mentioned the Benois family of architects and painters
(Benois, Lanceray, Serebriakov, Glazunov, etc.)

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 9:00 PM, E Wayles Browne <ewb2 at cornell.edu> wrote:

> Elsa Triolet and Lili Brik, sisters
>
> Leonid Osipovich Pasternak, his children Josephine Pasternak, Lydia
> Pasternak Slater and Boris Leonidovich Pasternak, Boris's son Evgenij
> Borisovich Pasternak, cousin Ol'ga Freidenberg
>
> Nikolaj Gumilëv, Anna Axmatova, their son Lev Gumilëv
>
> Yuri Lotman, Zara Mints, their son Mihhail Lotman
>
> --
> Wayles Browne, Prof. of Linguistics
> Department of Linguistics
> Morrill Hall 220, Cornell University
> Ithaca, New York 14853, U.S.A.
>
> tel. 607-255-0712 (o), 607-273-3009 (h)
> fax 607-255-2044 (write FOR W. BROWNE)
> e-mail ewb2 at cornell.edu
>                         http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs

Olia Prokopenko,
Instructor, Russian Program Coordinator and Adviser

Anderson Hall 551
FGIS, Temple University,
1114 W.Berks St.
Philadelphia, PA 19122