Translation question?

Vanessa Prolow vprolow at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 12 16:46:30 UTC 2014

I think Academy of the Arts would have the same problem as Academy of Fine
Arts: seems too much like an institute where people are learning how to
paint and dance, and far too close to the Academy of Arts.

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 8:35 PM, R. M. Cleminson <rmcleminson at post.sk>
wrote:

> Might I suggest "Academy of the Arts"?  This is fairly close to the
> original, and more or less equally (un)informative: the institution covered
> literature, theatre, cinema, (fine) art and music, and was a short-lived
> product of the almost constant reorganisation of cultural institutions in
> the inter-war years.

Vanessa Prolow

                        http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs