Rick McPeak

Donna Orwin donna.orwin at UTORONTO.CA
Sat May 10 12:47:47 UTC 2014

Dear Colleagues,

Please join me in congratulating Brigadier General Rick McPeak on his retirement from the US Army.  As a member and then Head of the Department of Foreign Languages at USMA West Point, General McPeak has worked tirelessly to expand language studies there, and especially to send cadets to study abroad.  He took those majoring in Russian to Voronezh and other places in Russia.  Since 2003 General McPeak has been involved in Tolstoy Studies activities, including the hosting of an unforgettable conference at West Point.  I wish him all the best in his new career, whatever that will be, and I hope he will stay involved in the Tolstoy world and continue to advocate for the study of languages.

Best to all,

Donna Orwin

Donna Tussing Orwin, Professor and Chair
Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures
University of Toronto
President, Tolstoy Society
Alumni Hall 421
121 St. Joseph St.