Teffi: a jeweller's tweezers

Peter Scotto pscotto at MTHOLYOKE.EDU
Thu May 22 19:02:08 UTC 2014

Dear Robert,

Dal' gives корец as a regional term  for "scoop" or "ladle" especially one
made of metal.

It also seems to be a specialized bee-keeping term to describe a flat
wooden scoop or spoon used to move bees around.

See page 91 of the following:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/164712750/Буткевич-Самоучитель-пчеловодство

These may have application in the passage you cite.

Peter Scotto
Mount Holyoke College

                        http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs