Russian proficiency test

Veronika Trotter veboikov at UMAIL.IU.EDU
Tue Sep 16 12:31:37 UTC 2014

Dear colleagues,

Can anybody recommend a short proficiency test for Russian? I’m looking for
a valid and reliable tool that can be used to distribute the participants
in a study of second language acquisition into novice, intermediate, and
advanced proficiency levels. The test should be in written form (which
excludes OPI) and last no longer than 30 minutes. It could be a combination
of a multiple-choice test and a cloze test (like, for example, the widely
used Spanish proficiency test created by Sylvina Montrul:
http://nhlrc.ucla.edu/nhlrc/data/example) or a C-test. The traditional
distribution by year of studies is problematic because proficiency levels
in the same class can vary significantly beyond the first year.

I would really appreciate any suggestions on- or off-list.

Veronika Trotter

veboikov at indiana.edu

PhD candidate

Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures

Indiana University

                        http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs