Looking for third presenter (ASEEES)

Boele, O.F. O.F.Boele at HUM.LEIDENUNIV.NL
Wed Sep 17 07:53:55 UTC 2014

Dear Seelangers,

Because one of our presenters cannot make it to ASEEES, we are anxiously looking for a replacement. The title of the panel is "October 1993 Twenty Years On: Practices of Remembrance and Commemoration." Obviously, the focus is on the bloody events of 1993, but a paper dealing in more general terms with the loss of empire and the cultural-historical significance of the early 1990s would also be very welcome, especially given the theme of this years' convention ("25 Years After the Fall of the Berlin Wall: Historical Legacies and New Beginnings"). Here are the titles of the other two papers:

'Passions, Murder, Tanks and Storms': Memories of October 1993 in a post-Heroic Age'(Boris Noordenbos, b.noordenbos at uva.nl University of Amsterdam)

'I was killed in the White House': 'Red-Brown' Action Poetry and Historical Fiction on October 1993 (Otto Boele, o.f.boele at hum.leidenuniv.nl Leiden U (The Netherlands))

I'll be honest with you: the panel is scheduled to take place on Saturday morning at 8:00 (November 22), which is not a good time, I know. Still, I hope someone is willing to contribute a paper on this underexplored subject.

If you're interested, please respond directly to me (o.f.boele at hum.leidenuniv.nl<mailto:o.f.boele at hum.leidenuniv.nl>) and send me a title, as well as a few lines explaining the main thrust of your paper.

Otto Boele

Dr. Otto Boele
Chair of the Department of Russian Studies
Associate Professor of Russian Literature
Department of Russian Studies, University of Leiden
P.O. Box 9515, 2300 RA Leiden
o.f.boele at hum.leidenuniv.nl<mailto:o.f.boele at hum.leidenuniv.nl>
http://zoekenopnaam.leidenuniv.nl/profile/d2561cb34a5035fde72d754dcbbddcfccced17b4?q=boele

                        http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs