Ty/Vy oddities?

Terry Moran t.moran at NEW.OXON.ORG
Sat Sep 20 08:10:10 UTC 2014

There may be a remote parallel with how French expresses *Come on, let's
go.*

If you're talking to somebody whom you address as *vous*, you say *Allez
venez*.

But if you're talking to somebody whom you address as *tu*, you don't say *Va
viens*, you say *Allez viens - *putting only one verb in the familiar form,
not both. In this устойчивое словосочетание the word *allez* seems to have
stopped being a verb and become a general-purpose exclamation.

I said it was remote ...

Terry Moran

                        http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs