Lumbee.

Robert L. Rankin rankin at lark.cc.ukans.edu
Tue Jan 25 20:02:23 UTC 2000

thanks to Blair Rudes for a really great job of sleuthing on that "Lumbee"
word list.  I don't suppose it will any longer be of interest to
Siouanists, but the Iroquoian list might be interested in his findings.
Since whoever came up with the list apparently didn't use Chafe's Seneca
dictionary (the spellings are all different), I wonder if it would be
possible to find the list that was actually used?  Walt Wolfram and
Natalie Estes might still be interested in further digging.

Oh well ... another problem solved!