For web page makers

R. Rankin r.rankin at latrobe.edu.au
Sun Jun 18 23:59:03 UTC 2000

> I made c, j, s, and z with haceks.  What else would you like to see?  It's
> basically my project, so I can add some if you think you'd use it.  And
> what are ogoneks?

Ogonek is what I think John calls the little subscript hook that goes in the
opposite direction to a cedilla.  They're used for the nasal vowels of Polish
(and by Americanists for nasal V's also).  Ogonek may be Polish.  It always
seemed strange to me since in Slavic it should mean "little fire" and in Russian
it's always been the name of a variety/humor/satire magazine.

Those are all the hacek-ed charx I need, although the Coloradans use h-hacek for
[x] and, I think, g-hacek for [gamma] and maybe n-hacek for the velar nasal.