Siouanists, eat your heart out.

Carolyn Quintero cqcq at compuserve.com
Fri Feb 1 17:42:04 UTC 2002

What it kinda sorta reminds me of is the quote from a lady who said, If I'd
a knowed I could of rode I would of went but I wouldn't of ate nothing when
I got there.
Carolyn

Message text written by INTERNET:siouan at lists.colorado.edu

I might've not 've responded to this thread if it hadn't come down to a
question of whether or not perfection is distributive over modal
auxileration. To my Upper Great Lakes ear it sort of reminds my of a line
from a song I could (obviously) never finish writing:

"If it'd been real, Master, I'd've said it'd been a dream!"

Or the colorless greens I had for lunch yesterday in lieu of an angry
night's sleep.
--Eric
<