A little more haplology.

Catherine Rudin/HU/AC/WSC CaRudin1 at wsc.edu
Sun Jan 12 21:08:18 UTC 2003

I say "it's lightning out" too --  totally normal.   On the other hand, I
always stumble over how to make adverbs from -ly adjectives (can you do
something sillyly??? friendlyly?  surely not, but there doesn't seem to be
any satisfactory alternative, without backing up and reworking the whole
sentence-chunk that I'm already halfway into).

Going back to Bob's comment about the tv show -- I've had a whole bunch of
people tell me they saw me on CBS's Sunday Morning show.  The bit of SSILA
they happened to tape was my talk.   (I'm amazed both at how many people
apparently get up and  watch tv on sunday mornings, and at the thought of a
segment on comitative constructions in Omaha-Ponca...  though actually I
think the main thrust of the segment was the ADS Word of the Year voting.)
If anyone happens to have taped it, I'd love a copy...