23rd Annual Siouan and Caddoan Conference

John Boyle jpboyle at midway.uchicago.edu
Wed Jun 11 23:56:15 UTC 2003

Hi Everyone,

General Information:

	As has been mentioned, the 23rd Siouan and Caddoan conference
is quickly approaching.  General information can be found at our
website at
<http://wings.buffalo.edu/linguistics/ssila/SACCweb/SACC.htm>.
Please check it out.  Abstracts are due July 3rd.  The early date is
so we can try and get the information into the LSA brochure (Names,
titles etc.).  Please use e-mail as I seldom get to campus in the
summer and I don't want to leave anyone out.

Lodging:

	We originally had planned to use the Ramada Inn for our
lodging but it recently burned down.  Our new hotel of choice is the
Clarion.  We receive a discount rate of $69.00/night. (Just let them
know that you are with the LSA).  I would suggest making reservations
sooner rather than latter as there is some other event that weekend
which has nothing to do with Linguistics. The toll free number for
the Clarion is: 877-533-1200.  It is located at 3600 Dunkel Dr.,
Lansing, MI.  (East Lansing is right across the street).  It is close
to the university, a little under a mile from the student center.
(I'm not sure where we will be meeting yet).

	Alternative lodging can be found on campus at the Kellogg
center, although prices range from $69.00 - $89.00.  There are also
several other places on campus but the Clarion is the cheapest
lodging close by.  If you are interested in other options, please let
me know.

Parasession:

	The conference dates will be Friday and Saturday August 8th &
9th.  There will be an informal syntax parasession on August 7th.
The topic we had previously discussed is "junction/juncture".  Which
means it is pretty wide open.  Nothing formal need be done for this
although I would like to know who is interested in attending and/or
presenting so that we can arrange for a space.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to hearing from you and seeing you all at the conference.

Best wishes,

John P. Boyle
Department of Linguistics
University of Chicago