Hidatsa Elder

Mary Marino mary.marino at usask.ca
Mon Aug 23 06:44:50 UTC 2004

Is it right, in Lakhota, to say "otexike"  to a bereaved person or
family?  At what time may this  be said (e.g., at the funeral, or when the
news of the death is first heard?)  Does there exist a "Dakotan"  list or
article or book of  good verbal manners?  I have a small collection of
notes from principal consultants on these matters, and would welcome more
instruction on the subject.

Mary