dorsey film conversion questions and estimate

Mark-Awakuni Swetland mawakuni-swetland2 at unl.edu
Fri Jan 9 17:40:45 UTC 2004

Aloha All,
Additional comments about the JOD 8 reels.

The images are black with white lettering (t.s. and m.s.)

I used a Canon Canonfilmer 100 desktop planetary microfilmer with
interchangeable recorder unit.

I used 16mm-100ft. AGFA COPEX PAN A.H.U. PET 13 film.

The reduction ratio was:
24x for up to 9x12-5/8"
32x for up to 11-1/2x16"
34x for up to 12-3/4x17-1/2"
(if any of that makes sense)

Rolls 1-3 (lexicon) are in cinema format. Rolls 4-8 are in comic strip
format.

The lens on my recycled microfilm reader is not marked for magnification.
1-1/2 frames appears on each screen. However, I move the carriage from side
to side to focus directly on one card within a four card frame for best
clarity.

mark

Mark Awakuni-Swetland, Ph.D.
University of Nebraska