Complementation of i'e

Rankin, Robert L rankin at ku.edu
Fri Jan 23 19:52:19 UTC 2004

Well, if it were earlier /i?e/ we could say loss of the glottal stop
postdated epenthesis of *dh.  We know the two changes were in close
competition because of the WI and CH reflexes that mix the two.  I'll
have to see how we reconstructed that in proto-MVS, etc.  Not that I may
not change my mind. . . .

Bob