Atta unsar

"Alfred W. Tüting" ti at fa-kuan.muc.de
Sat Oct 16 10:18:24 UTC 2004

>> (Anthony) Even in the Balkan language Kalaidzhi
Romani one finds: Dade amare, instead of Amare Dade. <<<<

 > (Alfred) Also checking my sources, I couldn't retrieve the form
_dade_ up to the moment. Is this kind of vocative? <<

Addendum:
Sorry, at a closer look I found quite some other forms for 'father'
apart from the most commonly attested _dad_ - also ones with vocalic
finals among them (be it in German, North/West or South-East/East
European dialects):

dhâd (Kraus)
dad(t) (Miskow)
dat (Frenckel, Tielich, Rozwadowski*, Colocci*, Wratislaw*)
dada (Schäffer, Black)
dado (Pischel, Iversen)
dade (Bischoff, Grellmann*, Ludolfus*, Vulcanius*)
daade (Beytrag)
dadi (Grellmann*)
dati (Blankenburg)
daddus (Smart)
tat (Frenckel, Tielich)
taat (Blankenburg)
tata (Calvet)
tadi (Colocci, it.)
da (Kruse*)
datta (Frenckel - expl. referred to as vocative!)
tatta (Tielich)

The asterixed sources refer to Eastern/South-Eastern dialects.

BTW, v. Sowa thinks that all forms with final vowel are vocative forms
(Rudolf von Sowa: 'Wörterbuch des Dialekts der deutschen Zigeuner'.
Leipzig 1898.

Alfred