PDF embedded fonts.

Corey Telfer cstelfer at ucalgary.ca
Wed Oct 27 02:18:31 UTC 2004

Hi all,

   I had a bear of a time making your PDF file come out right Bob, but
eventually I made it work.  The first copy I printed out had a lot of fonts
wrong, and I only figured that out because I happened to be familiar with
the words in question.  I went back to the computer and eventually made it
better, but I'm still not 100% certain that I have all the right characters
in my copy.  If you could provide it as a word document and provide us with
the fonts, that might work better...

   I'm sorry to hear that your house was broken into and I hope nothing too
valuable was lost.

Corey Telfer
University of Calgary

"R. Rankin" <rankin at ku.edu> said:

> Yes, ideally and theoretically the necessary fonts are embedded within .pdf
> documents.  However, I have found that this is unfortunately not always the
> case.  Any number of times I have tried to make .pdf files of certain
documents,
> especially using the IroquoianABC font which includes a lot of overstrike
> characters, and found that the resultant .pdf file did not reproduce the
fonts
> properly.  It has also often been the case that material in columns gets
shifted
> around.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong.  Nor do I know if there is a
> difference between the outcomes using "distiller" and "pdf writer" choices.
> I'll give it my best shot though.
>
> This is going to take a few days since my home was burglarized Monday and
I'm