PDF embedded fonts.

R. Rankin rankin at ku.edu
Wed Oct 20 21:34:12 UTC 2004

Yes, ideally and theoretically the necessary fonts are embedded within .pdf
documents.  However, I have found that this is unfortunately not always the
case.  Any number of times I have tried to make .pdf files of certain documents,
especially using the IroquoianABC font which includes a lot of overstrike
characters, and found that the resultant .pdf file did not reproduce the fonts
properly.  It has also often been the case that material in columns gets shifted
around.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong.  Nor do I know if there is a
difference between the outcomes using "distiller" and "pdf writer" choices.
I'll give it my best shot though.

This is going to take a few days since my home was burglarized Monday and I'm
having to deal with a lot of unexpected paperwork.  Late next week probably.