Padouca.

R. Rankin rankin at ku.edu
Thu Apr 28 21:29:53 UTC 2005

Thanks to you and John for looking up things that I
couldn't remember to do when I was at the office today!

Well, it looks like the Comanches separate from the
other Numic tribes just about the time our mystery
terms start appearing in the literature.

All I can say about Iatan is that I think it likely
that this Otoe chief probably got into a fight with a
(Comanche??) chief or group with the Iatan name, beat
them and took the name as a trophy.  That would be my
best guess anyway.

Bob