Unicode again

Alan H. Hartley ahartley at d.umn.edu
Fri Feb 11 20:13:23 UTC 2005

Alfred's HTML Yiddish comes out beautifully for me too.

I think it would be useful to know how many list-members can read
Unicoded characters in HTML mail. Below are a few Lakota words chosen
because they include non-ascii characters. The words are copied from
Rood & Taylor's Sketch in HNAI 17:

yuwášte   húͅku   [wakhæ̂ͅˑža]   uͅyɔ̂̂ͅͅˑkte   |ečháʔuͅ|

I would appreciate it if everyone so inclined would respond off-list to
let me know whether they can read the words properly. I'll then count
the yes and no answers and send the tally to the list. It would help if
you could use standard subject lines, "Unicode yes" and "Unicode no"
(without the quotation marks). It would also be very helpful to know
what email programs you used in your attempt. (I know that Web mail
clients sometimes have trouble with Unicode.)

Thanks,

Alan