SIOUAN/CADDOAN CONFERENCE news and requests.

Catherine Rudin CaRudin1 at wsc.edu
Mon Jun 6 20:28:13 UTC 2005

Hi, Bob.
I will be at the conference, but may be showing up at the very last minute, or even later.  We have a family event in Minnesota the 14-15th, and on the 16th I'll drive to Wayne (7 hours or so), drop off the less road-trip-inclined members of the family, and then continue as far toward Oklahoma as I feel up to (or we -- Deniz will probably come with).  So surely won't show up in Ponca City till sometime on the 17th.  Maybe pretty late on the 17th, depending on when we manage to get out of Minnesota and how tired we are.  Do you have an estimated schedule (i.e. what time things will get under way)?  No big hurry, but it would be nice to know at least roughly, sometime before the mad driving back and forth starts.

Don't count on me for a paper.  I had thought I might throw something together, but inspiration hasn't struck, and the next 10 days are VERY busy.  Day after tomorrow I fly to Chicago for John B's dissertation proposal defense (!) and we've also got a wedding and a folk festival in between trips.  The calendar is out of control.  But looking forward to the conference even if just as an audience member.
Catherine

>>> rankin at ku.edu 6/5/2005 4:49 PM >>>

All,

There is a grad student from Rutgers flying into Tulsa
for the Siouan Conference on June 16th just before
noon.  Would any of you who is going to be in the Tulsa
area around that time be able to give him a lift to
Ponca City?  He's probably be willing to share gasoline
costs.

Thus far he is the only person who has asked for help
with airport transportation.  Are others of you flying
in and looking for rides?

We have a number of very interesting-looking papers so
far, but there is plenty of room for more.  I hope to
have titles and/or abstracts from about 9 or 10 more of
you guys.  Surely many of you have some interesting
data you'd like to talk about.  And thus far no Caddoan
papers. . . .  I'll post titles after the ''deadline''
of the 10th, but as usual it will likely be possible to
schedule a title after that time.

And for anyone who hasn't made motel reservations yet,
the deadline for that is the 10th.  I don't know what
the motel situation will be after that date, since,
don't forget, the Osage dances are the same weekend.

Hope to see everyone soon+ACE-